Black Mold Removal – Are The Stachybotrys Spores Really Toxic?

I maintain a few health related websites, one of which discusses the benefits of air purifiers as well as de-humidifiers and I have done extensive research on mold. I thought it would be appropriate to share them here as the content included some lesser known facts about black mold removal.

According to my research and against the common belief that Stachybotrys is a toxic strain of mold, surprisingly though, it is not deemed as a lethal species. They are the black mold found on your leaky plumbing, toilets, wall sidings, ceiling and roof tops, flooring, even on your carpets at times. You might be relieved to know that contrary to common belief, Stachybotrys is a mold strain not as lethal as the infamous Aspergillus which is proven toxic. Often in homes, both exist side by side. Although the former grows faster during the first week or so, the latter strain is a more robust species and often overwhelms the former.

The one instance that Stachybotrys becomes toxic is when it forms severe toxins in the human body. And once it is established, it infests extensively and very quickly across the building. And this type of spores is very capable of manifesting not only the more common areas of insulation panels, flooring, drywall, ceilings, walls, in attics and basements, they are also equally capable of infesting in your clothing, upholstery, and furniture. In fact, they are even as capable of settling themselves on your body, skin, and when they invade your throat and nostrils, you begin to get allergies too.

While many of us react to it with mere discomfort, itch, headache within a few hours, the more severe symptoms for being in such an environment over an extensive period of time are anxiety, depression, severe types of allergies and extreme discomfort. For those who may think that this type of strains could become fatal to the body they are somewhat correct. They are right to think that, especially when you have weak immune system and are exposed to a strong dose of the toxins.

To help you recognize Stachybotrys, they are black, the tiny colonies with brownish surroundings. You should never use chlorine bleach to scrub and clean out the mold, as they are incapable of killing the mold at its roots. Chlorine bleach should not be used in black mold removal as stated by OSHA’s mold remediation guidelines.



Source by Sarah Osborne

share to :Share on Facebook0Share on Google+0Tweet about this on TwitterShare on LinkedIn0Pin on Pinterest0Email this to someone

Related Posts

Comments are closed.

0
Send a message
Sorry! We aren't around right now. Leave a message and we'll get back to you, asap.
Your name
* Email
* Describe your issue
Login Chat
Questions? We're here. Send us a message!
Your name
* Email
We're online!