It is not always possible for you to maintain a clean carpet due to life’s demands and responsibility, however there are some very effective ways to take care of your carpet with little life interference. For many mothers it can be quite tiring maintaining a family and keeping the carpet clean , if you can relate to this then you may want to consider researching carpet cleaning services for your home. Carpet cleaning services can be more time efficient however they can become quite costly if your needing there service regularly, therefore self-maintenance is required to prolong your carpets life and should be squeezed into your schedule. If you do run a household of a busy family then you may want to consider purchasing second hand or recycled carpet as it cheap and easy to replace for a low cost. Not everyone has the time to replace carpet however so if you are simply looking for ways to freshen up your carpet them keep reading.
How to bring your carpet back to life
1. Invest a little money in cleaning products, it is absolutely crucial to have an assortment of cleaning products handy in case of any spillages or markings that suddenly occur. The quicker you tackle a stain the easier it will be to remove. Secondly, invest in a good and ecofriendly vacuum cleaner ; this will make a huge difference to your carpet if you regularly vacuum.
2. Consider using mats for door steps, rugs and carpet runners. Not only can these items improve the décor of the home they can protect areas that get a lot of usage such as hallways and doorways.
3. Enforce a no shoe policy in your home. Although it may be hard to train your family and guests to remove their shoes when coming inside, it will make a world of difference on your carpet . Wearing shoes inside is a sure way to carry dirt and moister through your carpet which will wear the carpet down a lot quicker. Besides if you are taking good care of your carpet there is nothing better than sinking your toes into soft carpet after a hard day’s work.
4. Shampoo and steam clean your carpet at least once every 12 months, this is really important as a good shampoo and steam clean will remove any bacteria and stains that you can’t remove yourself. You can hire a professional to do this step however consider hiring a steam cleaner, they are simple to use and a fraction of the price.
5. Talk to your friends, families and people online about carpet cleaning remedies. There is a surprising amount of home remedies out there that one can use to remove some of the hardest stains and they are often quite easy. Many stains can be removed with no hassle by simply using white vinegar and bicarb soda, these are just a couple of suggestions that can help remove stains in your carpet .
The above steps are really quite simple and take no special ability to do however if you feel that these steps are not improving the look of your carpet then as a last resort you can consider hiring a carpet cleaning service. When choosing a service be sure to do your research, choose a local company and be clear on the measurements of the rooms in order to get an accurate quote.
Source by Johnson Woodrow