If you have had your area rug for more than six months without deep cleaning it, you should consider it soon. If you’ve been putting it off because you don’t want to do it yourself, you should consider using a professional service. There are many things to think about when selecting a Rug Cleaning Service. The following six are a few of the important ones to make your decision on.
1. Are they close to your home or office? Having a service that is near by can be important with this cleaning job, but will be more important for future jobs that might come up. No matter if you have one or a dozen fine area rugs, you never know when a spill or smudge is going to happen. I your cleaning service is in the next county or even further away, it may be difficult to get them to stop in. If you have a local service and you experience a spill, you may be able to have them stop in as they are on their way to or from the job that they have planned for the day. If so that could save your rug.
2. Is your area rug, the one you’ve decided to clean, small or large? If it’s small you may be able to roll it up and put it in the trunk or back seat and go to the office of the cleaning service that you have chosen. If the rug is smaller than the back seat of your car then you may be able to haul it around the house and get it in the car and take it to the cleaning service. If not, then you should have them come out and decide if it’s better to do the job at your home or office or if they can take it back to the shop where they can do a better job.
3. Is there furniture that will have to be moved to get to the rug? If the rug that you want to clean is a walk way rug or a runner, it may be easy to roll up and/or move to prepare for the cleaning. But if you have a bigger rug, or one that has heavy furniture on it, they will have to be moved. That may be more than you bargained for and another reason to hire a professional.
4. Professional Rug Cleaning Services have systems that are sometimes mounted in the truck and they can just bring the hose’s and steamer heads in without big bulky components banging into your door casings and furniture.
5. Make sure you check if the company that you contract with actually does the work. Many times, especially in larger metropolitan areas, you deal with a company over the phone or in the store, and they contract the work out to people that don’t work for them. You don’t need the extra overhead charged to you for that service and when problems have to be solved your not dealing with the people that did the work. Make sure you check!
6. Make sure that the company that you chose is capable and willing to do minor spot removal as well as major cleaning. One other service that they should provide is Stain Protection at your home or office.
If you’re looking for professional fine area rug cleaning services in time for the holidays or other special events you have planned for the near future, you should expect prompt service. You want the service to meet your fine area rug cleaning needs with a convenient appointment that’s minimally interpretive to your schedule.