How to Select a Carpet Cleaning Professional to Clean Your Carpet

Has your phone ever rang only to find that it is a telemarketing carpet cleaning company who is offering a  service just when it is most needed? Unfortunately, it has for many people who are called and offered carpet cleaning services. Yet, when being promised an acceptably well articulated and high tech described service for an acceptable quote, and customer decides to take the bargain and rushes  to schedule for an appointment to have carpets cleaned, customers do not take the steps to make sure the company is legitimate.   As in most cases, a customer’s expectations are to receive a professionally cleaned job at the price quoted for.

Yet, once the technician arrives at your house, customer finds that price adjustments must be made for excessive dirt and moving a few items during the cleaning process.  To make matters even worse, the technician would make other price adjustments, claiming that the carpet would require additional liquids to effectively remove unexpected stains. In worst case scenarios, since the technician-customer agreement was an opened account, the carpet care technician would have the right to make necessary price adjustments.  (Be careful of opened accounts, or customer signed agreements. A customer should always be assured a fixed and final payment prior to having a carpet cleaner lay the first footstep into your carpet.) 

As with most cases, at the end, a job which was priced at $25 per room and $35 living room totaling $60 would turn into a $150 to $350 dollar job depending on the victim. Since the carpet care technicians were inside the door, cancellation of the job would require complete payment regardless of whether the job was completed or not. Technician would most likely not leave until his payment is payable as it would be company policy.   The frustrated customer would then feel a responsibility to pay off the technician in an effort to get rid of the problem.  The upset customer would then call the company to complain only to find that the company is non existent.

The above scenario is an example of the most reoccurring issue which most customers experience with unscrupulous carpet cleaning companies. Be aware of this issue and be ready; after all, you are the boss and have every right to negotiate and set a price agreement with the carpet care technicians prior to allowing the technician to initiate the cleaning process. If you follow the following tips, you will be successful in the screening selection for the most appropriate carpet cleaning service providers.

1. Ask for company’s name, telemarketers name and phone numbers.  

2. Request technician’s phone number, and if by all means possible, ask for driver’s license or state Identification card. (Do not be hesitant to ask these questions, the customer has every right ask).

3. Request for companies website, and email address.

4. Ask to see if the company is registered and licensed to work in your local area.

5. Ask to see if company is insured.

6. Request a referral from local customer in your area.

7. Most important ask to see if company offers free estimates over the phone in addition to on site estimates (Most local carpet cleaning companies will not charge for free estimates if customer searches geographically.  

By asking the above 7 questions, the customers has assured 75% legitimacy of the telemarketing carpet cleaning company.  Final on-site contract agreement and visual inspection of equipment used (truck mount Steam cleaning is recommended by most carpet manufacturers) would comprise the remaining 25% of the screening process.  



Source by Richard Ibarra

share to :Share on Facebook0Share on Google+0Tweet about this on TwitterShare on LinkedIn0Pin on Pinterest0Email this to someone

Related Posts

Comments are closed.

0
Send a message
Sorry! We aren't around right now. Leave a message and we'll get back to you, asap.
Your name
* Email
* Describe your issue
Login Chat
Questions? We're here. Send us a message!
Your name
* Email
We're online!