Going down stairs to the basement and finding your basement has standing water all over the carpets or floors can be a scary feeling. If this happens to you call a water restoration company fast. They should be able to tell you the right steps to take to contain your water damage. This will help prevent further damage. Here are a few steps you can take to help you with this emergency:
1. Shut the water source off as soon as possible if you can. Beware of any electrical hazards that can harm you. Its best to wait for the restoration company if you’re unsure.
2. You must act fast by calling in a water damage restoration company to assess your damages and
diagnose the problem.
3. Call your insurance company to give them the finding from the restoration company when they arrive and to also make sure there is coverage for your particular problem. Each insurance company is not the same when it comes to coverage. Some customers waste time debating what to do and even try to start the water extraction themselves. This can help but you still need full assessment of the problem.
4. Once you have given the water damage company the green light to start and all authorization forms have been signed, they should start pumping out the water and also start the water extraction for the carpets or floors.
5. The water damage company should move any unaffected personal items into a dry area of the property or a portable storage this will help to make the job easier.
6. Also have your contractor check the humidity in air and the moisture content in drywall, wood paneling,and even the concrete. This will tell you how wet your property really is and what would be the best course of action for your water damage cleanup.
It’s best to call a reliable water damage company like the water damage team. They have local teams in all fifty states that can help you anytime of day or night. They can help the process go a lot smoother than you trying to handle such a big problem by yourself. The water damage team has been around for many years and has helped many families across the nation with their water damage emergencies.