Mold Removal

Some kinds of molds can be toxic to human beings, and especially those most susceptible to illnesses, such as infants and young children, those with weak immune systems, and the elderly. Such sufferers are likely to experience inflammations, allergies, infections, and invasive disease. Symptoms of an allergic response to mold include irritated eyes and throats, heavy coughing, heavy sneezing, and, in some cases, even sinusitis and asthma.

Other symptoms of too much mold intake include headaches, dizziness, the inability to focus and think clearly, and a lack of concentration. A brief list of common negative reactions to mold highlights the importance of mold removal and shows why many are making mold removal in their homes and offices a top priority.

* Headaches mild and severe

* Mood swings

* Skin rashes

* Memory problems

* IBS (Irritable Bowl Syndrome)

* Coughing, sneezing

* Burning, watery, reddened eyes

* Chronic Fatigue

* The inability to eat

* Immune system suppression

* Nose and throat irritation

You can remove mold yourself, or hire someone to do it, but research is the key to removing mold effectively and permanently. There are many books on mold removal available and the internet is brimming with sources. Make sure to find those that are most up-do-date. For those who can afford it, hiring professionals is often the best way to go, but mold removal can be performed very effectively by your average homeowner and the ingredients for most mold removal cleansers are cheap and available at your local grocery store.

Wetness and warmth attract mold; if you live in an area with high humidity, or have ever experienced a flood, or have or have had leaky pipes, a leaky roof, blocked air-conditioning, etc., then you know just where to start. Do-it-yourself mold kits can be purchased at hardware stores, and you always have the option of undergoing a mold inspection by a CMI, or Certified Mold Inspector. Another way of testing the level of mold in your environment is by cutting holes in the drywall covering suspected areas and checking the front and back for mold growth. You can also take a piece of tape, use it to remove a sample of mold, and send it to a mold lab of your choice for analysis.

If you are suffering from the results of too much mold intake and want to take action now, there are several tasks you can perform immediately and which have proven effective. First, electric air cleaners can be placed in different locations throughout your home and workplace which will remove airborne mold spores 24 hours per day. Second, a simple garden sprayer can be used to spray two coats of fungicide in every room you inhabit, including garages, attics, basements, crawl spaces, etc. Give the spray about two hours to kill the mold, then dry it with fans. Make sure to wear the right protection. Again, ingredients for fungicides, tips on where to spray, what to wear, and when and how to dry, are easy to find on the internet. Mold removal can be a difficult and lengthy process, but the health benefits are well worth the cost and there are mountains of research to help you as you go.



Source by Dan Calderwood

share to :Share on Facebook0Share on Google+0Tweet about this on TwitterShare on LinkedIn0Pin on Pinterest0Email this to someone

Related Posts

Comments are closed.

0
Send a message
Sorry! We aren't around right now. Leave a message and we'll get back to you, asap.
Your name
* Email
* Describe your issue
Login Chat
Questions? We're here. Send us a message!
Your name
* Email
We're online!